Godaddy India Review
Godaddy India has identified India as a priority market for its expansion plan. Godaddy has appointed Rajiv Sodhi, former Director of SMB and cloud business in Microsoft India, as Managing Director of Godaddy India.
Godaddy was launched in 1997 and is based in Arizona. Godaddy has 10.3 million customers globally and manages around 53 million domain names. The servers of Godaddy are based in USA, Europe and Asia (Singapore). Godaddy offers full range of web hosting related products and is World’s No. 1 in Web hosting.
Godaddy now comes with Cpanel control panel. One of the main criticism of the Godaddy was that its control panel was not supposedly as good as CPanel control panel. Now Godaddy has come up with the Cpanel control panel. So, there is now no reason why you can’t choose Godaddy as your web host.
Godaddy also has acquired one of the most respected web hosting company of the world, MEDIATEMPLE.COM. The acquisition of Mediatemple has given Godaddy the access to the tremendous web hosting know how of Mediatemple. Apparently, Godaddy has used this expertise to improve its web hosting which is now comes with new Architecture and is now much more faster and efficient which will improve performance of your web site.
Godaddy Special Offer
[drpcoupon name=”godaddy 32% off on new products orders” exclude=”name,expiration,description,rss”]
For more coupons of Godaddy visit GODADDY PROMO CODE page.
Godaddy offers complete hosting package which includes domains, SSL certificates, Hosting, Web site builder, web designing, etc.
The main features of Godaddy India are:
- Fourth Generation hosting.
- Even their cheapest shared hosting plan comes with unlimited bandwidth. So, even if your website becomes hugely popular, you will not have not worry about bandwidth.
- 24/7 support and now you have dedicated Indian phone support.
- Daily back ups
- You can pay monthly also
Godaddy India offers 3 shared web hosting plans:
- Economy– Comes with 10 GB storage, unlimited bandwidth, 100 email accounts, 10 Mysql databases (1 GB each), 25 sub-domains, etc. This plan comes for Rs. 99.99/month for a 3 year contract.
- Deluxe – Comes with 150 GB storage, Unlimited websites and bandwidth, 500 email accounts, 25 Mysql databases (1 GB each), 400 sub-domains, etc. This plan comes for Rs. 199.99/month for a 3 year contract.
- Ultimate – Comes unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited websites, 1000 email accounts, unlimited MySql databases ( 1 GB each). This plan comes for Rs. 349.99/month for a 3 year contract.
Advantages of hosting with Godaddy India
- Unlimited bandwidth for all plans which means no worries even if the web sites receives very high traffic.
- India dedicated phone support.
- Assurance of world’s largest web hosting related service provider
- Godaddy’s product are always priced most competitively
- For Rupee payments from India, Godaddy also accepts payments through Netbanking, Mobile payments and Cash Cards. Also you can make payment through regular methods like Credit Card, Paypal, etc.
- Godaddy now offers Cpanel and Plesk control panels for Linux Hosting and Windows hosting respectively. Godaddy’s servers are even more faster with new server architecture.
Negative points of Godaddy India hosting:
- Servers are not located in India but in Singapore. Which is a slightly negative point but the it does not matter much as the speed at which your website loads is almost the same compared to Indian servers. In a way it is advantageous because servers and bandwidth are costlier in India and hence you get more value for your money with Singapore servers.
- Godaddy seems to have so many negative reviews. The negative reviews, in my opinion, should be taken in right context as Godaddy is the biggest web hosting service provider of the world and hence has a huge customer base. So, there will be bound to be some unhappy customers and due to the size of Godaddy, the negative reviews looks disproportionately more.
Hope the readers would have liked the Godaddy India Review. Reader’s suggestion and comments are welcome.